PI positioning systems are delivered with preconfigured operating parameters. Ideally, the operating parameters were determined for the application at hand. Depending on the hardware, the parameters are stored on the controller or on the ID chip, or they can be called from a parameter database using PIMikroMove.
Generally, operating parameters which ensure a robust operation are available for every system.
A customer-specific optimization for particular application requirements can be supported by the following tools:
The data recorder offers important information on how good the control loop is working. This information is of fundamental importance for an optimal parametrization. The following functions are available for this purpose:
- Recording of step responses in closed-loop or open-loop operation
- Simple analysis of the signals (derivative, differences between two signals, calculation of the signal spectrum using FFT)
- In piezo actuators and piezo systems: Display of the transfer function in the Bode diagram
- In hexapods: Display of the transfer function of a single strut
Piezo Dynamic Tuner
With the Piezo Dynamic Tuner the frequency and the step response of a system can be determined, and the settings for the servo parameters of the controller can be made. The user can set the control parameters and observe the respective system response. The type of system excitation and data recording can be configured to allow for an optimal characterization of the system. The Piezo Dynamic Tuner has various, powerful features for statistical analysis, determining the settling time, and for the import and export of the measured data.
- Customized solution for piezo stages
- Direct access to control and filter parameters
- Support in calculating the servo-control parameters